BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
1. The congregation expresses its’ gratitude to God our Creator, redeemer and sanctifier. Who has richly blessed us with His continued loving presence in our mission to reach out to others, especially blessing us with new, baptized and transferred members, in this past year, in our community, and the world with the Gospel’s message of Christian love, forgiveness, and the fellowship of communion of saints.
2. The congregation expresses it’s special thanks to the 2013 members of the church council, officers, committee members, for their many hours of voluntary service to and for this congregation. A special thanks to Leroy Holmes for his enriching gospel message and spiritual guidance.
3. The Congregation is aware and appreciative of the faithful work and dedication of staff and teachers of our Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and Confirmation, taught by Joan Dostert with the aid of Jordan Matteson. To our excellent musician Mary Beth Williams-Reller and our substitute organist, Lyn Watts. To our Church Council secretary, Susan Trucano-Precht; Gail Melting our office secretary. To our treasurer. Jorgine Gornick, and our Financial Secretary, Joan Dostert. To Brian Carlson, Nate, Shara Dostert, Tom Kintner, Greg Dostert, Fred Precht, Jeff Johnson, Steve Larson and Willard Potila for maintaining the church property. To the 125th Anniversary Committee, Co-chair, Marian Zaudtke-Gregory A. Dostert and their committee. We appreciate your dedication and the excellent job that all of you have done.
4. The congregation expresses its’ thanks to the St. Paul’s Women of the ELCA and their president, Joan Dostert and Evelyn Kintner, Secretary/Treasurer for their constant willingness to serve, for all their financial support, and in assisting in so many ways to make this church function. To Kathy Johnson for decorating the Christmas Tree for the last two years.
5. The congregation expresses its’ thanks and appreciation to the Tower News, the Timberjay, Ely Echo, WELY, WEVE, Mesabi Daily News and Andrew Cina for their assistance in publicizing the activities and outreach ministries of our congregation.
6. The congregation expresses its’ thanks to Rev. Berhanu Wedajo, for his excellent sermons and worship services, and for leading this congregation in the past year.
7. The congregation hereby expresses its’ sincere appreciation to all people who have aided in the work of our church in 2013. Those who have enabled the progress of our congregation through it’s’ organizations, committees, and who have given so generously of their time, talent, and treasures.
8. That the congregation accepts and adopts the proposed financial budget submitted by the church council as it’s’ guidelines for the financial planning in 2014. Members have the right and it is acceptable to ask for a line item ruling on each and all items within the budget.